Breadcrumbs allow a user to retrace their steps from your home page to the page that they’re currently viewing. They can reflect the structure of your website, a logical path or attributes of the current page.
Advantages of Breadcrumbs
- They help users understand the layout of your website.
- They’re completely optional.
- They allow users to scan through your website and to view more content at a faster rate.
- They’re easy to implement and can be understood regardless of a user’s education professional background or technical knowledge.
- They can point keywords to certain pages while helping search engines to see how one page relates to another on your website.
- They reinforce and improve your website’s internal linking structure.
- This can facilitate more users browsing your website’s inner pages.
How to add and create Breadcrumbs in WordPress
- Download Yoast SEO and activate.
- Go to Yoast SEO settings > Breadcrumbs Settings.
- Click on enable Breadcrumbs and save. Copy code.
- Go t appearance > Editor > Click on Header.php.
- Paste code at the end of line of header codes and save.