YouTube is the third most popular website in the world with having more than one billion users. YouTube has the best search search engine just second to that of google.You tube has a traffic of 800 million unique visitor monthly.
YouTube videos are a part of Google Search hence it is a important social media channel that cant be ignored.
First we will Look at what are the factors that will affect your YouTube rankings –
- Watch time.
- Length of your video.
- The number of channels subscribers.
- Keyword Relevance.
- Reaction of customers – Like, comment, share etc.
Now, we will learn how to optimize and rank our videos on YouTube Search. Just follow the below mentioned steps-
1) Build up a good YouTube channel
To get best ranking on YouTube, we need to create a Channel First.
- Have a good profile and header photo.
- Complete your profile properly to get Page Authority
- Give a brief introduction about you and about what your channel is all about and link your channel with your google+, twitter, Facebook or any other social media accounts.
- Upload videos with Good Interaction rate, which means that people should really watch at least 60% of the video
- Create various playlist to categorize your videos.
- Fill your channel with other popular videos and channel.
- Increase your Channel Subscribers- you can do it by auto linking your website with your website, email, and your social media account.
2)Use a keyword rich Title and Description for your Youtube videos and don’t forget to give tags
Do a Good Keyword Research to target the right audience with Good ROI. Use these keywords to Create a Good Title & description for the video for better audience and trafic
3) Optimize your video after uploading them
YouTube provides a variety of options after uploading and you must use them wisely
b) Use the icon below your uploaded YouTube video to make additional edits to video
Enhancements – You can add effects to your videos directly from YouTube after uploading your videos. You can Auto fix lighting and color, Apply slow and fast motion, Rotate the view, Blurr faces etc… Use these features to enhance the look of your video.
Audio -You can select and add different audio which you want to play at the background. This feature enable us us in swapping the background audio of your video.
Annotation – Text which pops out over your videos are annotation. Use them to promote and brand your business. Add commentary to your video to tell people about your business. By using annotations you can put labels, links and hotspots over your videos. This will enrich the users video experience as its adds information and interactivity to your videos.
Cards – Link more of your videos and your website to your current video to boost the engagement and views of your videos. Use cards to interact with your viewers. By using cards you can point users to a URL(web address) and show customized images, call to action, titles etc…
c) Generate amazing and attracting Thumbnails
After confirming your YouTube channel by adding your phone number you can create your own customized thumbnails this means you can use a picture which is not present in your video. Customizing your thumbnails can attract user and can enhance your video views.
Remember, do not create misleading thumbnails which are irrelevant to your video as it may get you flagged as inappropriate.
4) Engage users with your video
You need to promote your videos and channel on different social media channels to get the maximum visibility
- Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc to promote your videos.
- Apply video boost or pay to promote your video on famous social media channel.
- Use your email list effectively to increase your subscribers and mail your videos to your list to create a loyal audience for your brand or channel.
- Keep on changing your tags monthly so that your video can get ranked on multiple keywords.
- Use embedded code of your video on various website to get maximum exposure.
- Mention your video on Yahoo answers, Quora, Wiki how and other Ques/Ans Sites.
5) Check your insights
- Keep on monitoring your views.
- Find out the traffic source.
- Check your audience demographics.
- Look for your Geographical.
- Keep on tracking your subscription rate.
- Check your social share insights.
- Use UTM parameters to track your video on every platform.
- Review and respond to your comments.
- Keep on checking your likes and favorite.
- You can use tools like Google analytic, TubeTrackr to monitor and analyze your performance.