Latest Update On SEO
1. Rank Brain update
- On 26th October 2015 Google launched an algorithm named Rank Brain which is a part of Google “hummingbird”.
- Rank Brain is google’s name for a machine learning artificial intelligence(where computer can be as smart as humans) system that is used to help process it’s results. It helps in query refinement.Machine learning is where computer teaches itself how to do something rather being taught by humans.
- Rank Brain is one of the “hundreds” of signals that go into an algorithm that determines what results appear on a Google search page and where they are ranked.
- Hence we can say, Rank Brain is mainly used as a way to clarify the searches that people submit to find pages that might not have the exact words that were searched for.
2. Mobilegeddon or mopocalypse or mobocalypse
- n 22nd April 2015 Google announced about its latest algorithm related to smart/mobile phones called “Mobilegeddon” which is a new mobile friendly ranking algorithm.
- Mobilegeddon enables google to give priority to those websites that work or display better on smart phones and other mobile devices. It is designed to give a boost to mobile-friendly pages in Google’s mobile search results.
- However, the changes does not effect searches made from a desktop, laptop or computer.
3. Pigeon update
- “Pigeon” is latest update launched by google in July 2014. This update aims at increasing the ranking of local listing in a search location.
- Google Pigeon update will provide preference to local search results. It provides more useful, relevant and accurate local search results that are tied more closely to traditional web search ranking signals.
- Pigeon update is really useful for user and local business. For this google uses location and distance to provide better result.
- To improve the quality of local searches Google is relying on the factors such as location and distance to provide better search results to user. This update will alter the local listings in the search results. Along with this the local directory sites are given preferences.
4. Hummingbird update
- “Hummingbird” is the new update launched by google on 23rd August 2013. This algorithm is designed to better focus on the meaning behind the words.
- Hummingbird is paying more attention to each word in a query, ensuring that the whole query/the whole sentence/conversation or meaning is taken into account, rather than particular words. The goal is that pages matching the meaning do better, rather than pages matching just a few words.
- Google Hummingbird is designed to apply the meaning technology to billions of pages from across the web, in addition to Knowledge Graph facts, which may bring back better results.
5. EMD Upadate
- The EMD Update or“Exact Match Domain” is a google filter or algorithm launched in September’2012 to prevent poor quality sites from ranking well simply because they had words that match search terms in their domain names.
- When a fresh EMD Update happened, sites that has a or have a improved content may regain good rankings. New sites with poor/bad/irrelevant content or those websites which were previously missed by EMD may or might get caught.
- Hence we can say EMD update has enabled google in removing or releasing “false positives” .